The gallery, located in one of the most characteristic block in Turin, is now completely renovated. It was designed by architect Lorenzo Rivetti and built in 1890 in the area delimited by piazza della Repubblica, via Milano, via Basilica and via Egidi (once known as Isolato Santa Croce). For more than three centuries it was the house of the Mauriziano Hospital. The gallery can be reached by via Basilica and piazza della Repubblica and today it hosts many shops and cafés where in the past it was occupied by the hospital hallways.
It was the first arcade of Reign of Italy, a venue for wealthy people of the time to meet and to admire the last fashion clothes from Paris, fabrics, art object s and jewels from all over the world.