Built between 1840 and 1842, Teatro Gobetti is managed by the Teatro Stabile of Torino. The Accademia Filodrammatica wanted a place to set up its shows. The numerous renovations, the latest in 1984, have not left many traces of the initial project. Documents show the majesty of a colonnaded proscenium, coffered ceiling and an octagonal waiting room which are no longer visible. The theatre houses both contemporary piéces and more traditional performances, selected by Teatro Stabile programme curators.