- ready to... sing
- info & contacts
Porta Palatina is a Roman building which joined Torino to the region’s northern part.
The door was built in the first century, and is really well-preserved. It was used principally as a defensive door, even later the Roman epoch. In the Medieval period took a fortress function. The door was used until 1700. Emanuele Filiberto closed it to the traffic, but it remained one of the principal city access.
The building was renovated in 1934. From 2006 there’s the Parco Archeologico here: a big area limited with ancient walls and trees.